Get stronger with Johan
Finding time for exercise can be challenging and many are probably wondering how to get started - but did you know that doing just a few simple exercises on a regularly basis can have a long-lasting effect? Get 5 good tips from our coach Johan and learn 3 simple exercises you can do at home or where it suits you.
Published 12. April 2022 by Lars Lima
5 tips to get you started
1. Find something you think is fun. If you are unsure of what may suit you, try different activities - whether it is swimming, running, yoga or simple strength training. Something is better than nothing!
2. Bring a friend and work out together. When you make appointments with someone, it becomes more difficult to skip out. In addition, it becomes a social and fun activity when you are 2 or more.
3. Try to set yourself a goal, and preferably a sub-goal. It can be anything from deadlifting 50 kg, or running a mile in 60 minutes. Think carefully about your current form, what everyday life looks like, and how much time you can and want to spend working out. Do not be too hard on yourself!
4. Get help from a personal trainer. When it comes to setting goals and measuring progress, a PT can be very helpful. They specialize in just this and will be with you all the way. Getting some extra guidance also reduces the chance of injuries.
5. Hurry slowly - f you have never worked out before, or had a long break, it is important that you take it easy in the beginning. In this way, the body slowly but surely gets used to the training, and the brain has time to adapt to your new lifestyle. If you start too hard and everything feels overwhelming, there is a much greater chance that you quit and stop exercising.
3 exercises for a stronger body
In the videos below, Johan shows you 3 simple but effective exercises you can perform at home or wherever you are.
Squats are one of the most basic exercises. It's functional, and something we can use in our everyday lives - whether it's sitting on a chair or bending down to pick something up.
This exercise is a bit more advanced compared to squats because you work with one leg at a time. Still, it is a fantastic exercise, and you get to work with both your strength, mobility and balance.
Push-ups can sound scary to those who have not worked out so much before - but, there are always different variations you can do. If you find it hard to start on your feet, you can do the exercise by having your knees on the ground. By doing that, you will build up your strength and you will eventually be able to take a full push-up.
You are capable of so much more than you think!
Johan is an experienced gymnast, dancer, personal trainer and health coach. With almost 1000 group classes under his belt he has helped all types of people reach their workout goals. For Johan, it's all about giving it 100% - whether it is on stage, in front of a camera or at the gym. With this engaging Swede, you will always be in safe hands!
Download the app and get a 14-day free trial
Are you curious and want to test out everything Mentra has to offer? Create your account and download the Mentra by SATS app for iOS and Android, and enjoy full access to all content for 14 days with Mentra Digital.
Share this article
Train outdoors with professional guidance
Enjoy the feel-good-experience with MediYoga
Create better results and a healthier work environment with engaging workouts
Improve your cross-country skiing skills with Anders Aukland
Get Ida and Mona's best workout tips after birth
Check out how Savera gets to work out in her everyday life
This is how Ida gets to work out in her micro-house
For Stig Olav and his family the Rflex fitness mirror has made the everyday life more social and fun
Meet some of our coaches
SATS introduces a brand-new concept for at-home training
Read how Gabrielle gets her workouts in as a single mom